Please contact SRAC if you need any cost estimates or proposal budgets. We are happy to help!
However, for your convenience, here are a few of the most often requested estimates and rates:
- Graduate Research Assistants (includes stipend, health insurance, tuition, workstation support and applicable overhead):
- Summer 2017, using sponsored funds: approximately $15,415
- Summer 2017, using a gift account: approximately $9,510
- Summer 2017, using a university discretionary account: approximately $9,457
- AY2017-2018, using sponsored funds: approximately $31,042 per semester
- AY2017-2018, using a gift account: approximately $29,873 per semester
- AY2017-2018, using a university discretionary account: approximately $22,419 per semester
- Fringe Benefits: The Cornell fringe benefits rate for endowed units such as CIS is currently 34.9% on non-student salaries/wages.
- Overhead/indirect costs/facilities and administrative costs:
- For sponsored research projects: 63% (not charged on capital equipment, GRA tuition and GRA health insurance, participant support, or subcontracts after the first $25,000). Effective July 1, 2018, the rate will increase to 64%. Grants that came in while the rate was 61% (prior to July 1, 2016) will remain at 61% until they end.
- Other sponsored activities (such as conference grants): 37% (not charged on participant support).
- For gifts: 10% (not charged on GRA stipends, GRA tuition or GRA health insurance)
- For university discretionary accounts: 0%