Each sponsor will give one award based on broad criteria including novelty, execution, quality of engineering, performance, difficulty, social benefits, presentation, and usefulness. Each sponsor award will include a commemorative trophy and $750.
Faculty Choice Award
The Faculty Choice Award is judged by CIS and CoE faculty and focuses on the computing aspect of a project. Criteria may include novelty, elegance, simplicity, and appropriateness of algorithms and overall software engineering. The selected project will receive a commemorative trophy and $750.
Legacy Team Award
The Legacy Teams Award is a separate category designed to recognize Cornell Engineering Project Teams. It is judged by select faculty and BOOM organizers. The selected team will receive a commemorative trophy and $750.
- Award recipients will be selected during BOOM.
- The commemorative trophy will be presented to those team members present at the time of announcement.
- Monetary awards will be issued in the form of checks made out to the individual team members listed on the project submission.
- Recipients will be contacted by email in the days following BOOM.
- Monetary awards are subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Alternate arrangements can be made if all listed recipients agree in writing.