When you’re preparing for BOOM, think about how to sum up your project in a short presentation, and how to explain it to people with varying technical backgrounds. If your project includes elements that people can interact with, all the better!
Check this space prior to submission as guidelines may change.
All Cornell students are invited to present their projects in cutting-edge digital technology; projects may be the result of a class, an independent study, or an ongoing project.
The project submission portal will open in December, 2017. Submit early! Project submissions will be accepted through March 30, 2018, unless all spaces have been filled before then.
To register your project you'll need the following information:
- Project title
- Project summary/abstract
- Names and netids for your project team members
- Names and netids for team members who will attend BOOM to present the project (up to 5 per team)
- Web page for your project, if applicable. If you haven't already, consider adding your project to CollabSpace (http://collabspace.cornell.edu/).
- Other project-related information as applicable (faculty advisor, course number, etc.)
- Any special requests (i.e., extra power strips, etc.)
Then, upload your resume at https://boomresume.cis.cornell.edu/, and ask your project team members to do the same. The BOOM 2018 resume book will be shared with all of our corporate sponsors -- don't miss this opportunity to get your resume in front of recruiters looking for summer interns and new graduates to hire!
Projects will be approved by BOOM and you will receive an email with follow up info.
Space and Materials
Projects typically receive between 8 and 12 square feet of table space based on their project type. You are required to provide two resources for each project: people and a poster. Devices and demos are optional, but we encourage you to bring anything that people can interact with to experience your ideas.
You must display a poster no smaller than 22″x28″. Ensure that your poster is readable from about 5 feet away. Cover the key points of your work. Detailed information should be included in your web page, handouts, and/or short oral presentation. Printing services are available at:
- Mann Library
- Word Pro
- Gnomon Copy
- register by March 30, 2018
- approved by April 6, 2018
- 2pm Arrive and Setup
- 4pm Boom Starts
- 5:45pm Awards
- 6:15pm Reception